This is a fresh new blog for me as i am trialling this website, it’s going to be exciting. So this is my first post:
Late update Make up Monday
I’ve been asked a lot from my friends about suitable foundation for oily to combination skin. It’s hard to find a suitable one as everyone has different skin types. Oily or Combination skin is just the base of your skin. You could have dry patches, places where more oily than other places or even sensitive skin. So its hard to find the right foundation. You’ll have to go through quite a few different brands to get the perfect/right foundation for your skin type. I’m more aware of oily/combination foundation as i am one of those. It took me awhile to get the right foundation for myself as well.
As a female you should invest on a high end brand foundation rather than a drug store because foundation is the base before you apply other make-up on. Blemishes are caused by mostly foundation where foundation clogs up pores and if you don’t remove foundation properly it’ll definitely create blemishes.
Plus side that high end brand foundation is that it has a wider shade for foundation to match your skin which you REALLY need to have and it’ll help prevent sensitive skin. Minus about drug store foundation is that it doesn’t have a wide shade for foundation where you might need to buy two foundation to mix it to find your own shade which buying two foundation would sum up to your perfect shade in a higher end, also i’ve heard a lot that drug store tends to irritate on the skin. But if you find a good drug store foundation suitable for your skin then go for it.
Be mindful of what you put on your skin especially over due products.
- Foundations last for 6-12 months
- When to throw out when you realise it separates in two layer or the colour has lightened.
- Keep product out of the sun
But make sure girls its okay to have a bare face when you go out because your face needs a breather to reduce acne.
Here are some foundation brands and type for oily to combination skin:
1. STILA STAY ALL DAY FOUNDATION AND CONCEALER
2. LAURA MERCIER OIL FREE SUPREME FOUNDATION
3. BURBERRY VELVET FOUNDATION
4. CLARINS EVER MATTE OIL-FREE FOUNDATION
5. MAC STUDIO FINISH FOUNDATION WITH SPF 15
6. CLINIQUE PORE REFINING SOLUTIONS
7. SHISEIDO PERFECT REFINING FOUNDATION
8. ESTEE LAUDER EQUALIZER
9. LANCOME TIENT IDOLE SILKY MATT FOUNDATION
10. CHANEL PERFECTION LUMIERE LONG WEAR FLAWLESS FLUID
11. ESTEE LAUDER INVISIBLE FLUID
12. STILA NATURAL FINISH OIL-FREE